- Evaluate and understand each LEED® pre-requisite and point
- Identify critical issues for design and construction of a LEED® building
- Demonstrate an understanding of how quality, energy efficiency and first cost effect each LEED® point
- Demonstrate an understanding of how planning, scheduling and estimating labor and material costs will be affected by the LEED® process
- Analyze and evaluate strategies for designing and construction a LEED® building through case studies of completed LEED® projects
- Become better prepared to take and pass the LEED® accreditation exam
455 Town Engineering
firstname.lastname@example.orgMr. Perkins graduated from the ISU Construction Engineering program in 1997. He has worked at Black & Veatch in Overland Park, Kansas, ACI Mechanical in Ames, Iowa, and KJWW Engineering in Des Moines, Iowa. In 2001, he passed the Iowa PE exam, and is a licensed professional mechanical engineer. Some of the larger projects that Brad has worked on include the Lungmen Nuclear power plant (Taiwan), Valley High School remodel (Des Moines), State of Iowa Laboratory (Ankeny), and Allied Insurance Building (Des Moines).Mr Perkins has been teaching classes in Construction Engineering at ISU since the Fall of 2005 including Estimating, Construction Methods and Materials, and Project Life Cycle. He is also a faculty member of Construction Engineering Research group which seeks solutions to the three functional areas of construction engineering and management: management techniques, construction operations, and construction methods.
- Module 01:
Introduction & Sustainable Sites
- Module 02:
Energy & Atmosphere
- Module 03:
Materials & Resources
Indoor Environmental Quality (Part 1)
- Module 04:
Indoor Environmental Quality (Part 2)
Innovation & Design Credits
New Regional Priority Credits
What to Expect in the LEED Exam
Course Delivery Method:
Online Self-Paced Course (24/7) AccessTotal Course Hour:
Approximately 12 Hours of Online video lessonsPDH Credit Hour:
15 PDH Credit HoursCEU Credit Hour:
1.5 CEU Credit Hours
Green Building Design and Construction Reference Guide,2009 Edition,
USGBC Publications (Textbook)
Course Slides and other materials provided
50 multiple choice questions at the end of course. Open Book, but closed note. Passing score is 80%. Retaking the quiz is allowed.
- High speed internet connection (DSL/cable modem or higher)
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari
- Adobe Flash Player (free)
- Adobe Acrobat or other PDF readers
1st Lesson is free. Please visit this site using the following demo account. Once you login the site, please select appropriate to course for your review.
Registration fee per student for this course will be $420 per person. After successful completion of the course, you will receive 15 PDH Credit Hours and 1.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Register Online or call 1-800-854-1675 for More Information!